Thursday, November 18, 2010

Just Tomatoes Review

"Just Tomatoes, Etc!" makes very good dried and freeze-dried fruits and veggies that are packed in really nice baggies and plastic containers with very cute and colorful fruit and veggie cartoon faces. All their

dehydrated fruits and vegetables are vine-ripened, or tree-ripened, hand-picked at peak condition, washed, cut and then placed in dehydrators and dried at low temperatures to preserve color, flavor and nutrients. Both dehydrated and freeze-dried products are an excellent source of nutrition. They don't add any additives, sulfurs, preservatives, or sugars to their products. I have been buying the Just Strawberries for years now. I love adding them to my cereal and letting the milk soften them up and make them even more flavorful. I usually get the strawberries at my local Whole Foods Market, but they have a very limited selection. Just Tomatoes, Etc! has a much better selection online. I got a chance to try some other popular Just Tomatoes, Etc! products, such as Just Tomatoes (I eat them as a snack, they are crunchy and a bit sweet and I cannot wait to try them as a soup topping). I also tried Just Fruit Munchies (apples, raisins, blueberries, sour cherries, mango, pineapple, raspberries), Just Grapes (not raisins, rather crunchy grape treats-they were absolutely delicious), Just Blueberries (very good), Just Strawberries and Bananas (amazing). I enjoyed eating these fruity snack right out of the baggies, but I enjoyed them even more in hot oatmeal, cold cereal, and soy yogurt. They make a healthy and flavorful addition to my boring cereal and oatmeal. They soften up almost instantly when you submerge them in milk.

Just Tomatoes, Etc! came out with new fruit powders that I fell in love with immediately. I have been using them for smoothies, fruit milkshakes, puddings, hot cereal and they seem to last forever. I have created two recipes using these amazing powders. They blend easily, they taste wonderful and they get juicy when mixed with liquids. I will be posting the recipes soon. Here is an interesting fact: 1/4 pound of the Just Raspberries Powder was made from 2 pounds of fresh raspberries and 1/4 pound Just Strawberry Powder was made from 2 1/2 pounds fresh strawberries. It is a concentrated fruit powder that smells and tastes like fresh fruit.

They make tons of other different fruits and veggies and powders. Some of the other fruits include apples, pomegranate, cranberries, and peach. Some of the veggies are peas and corn, and some of the fruit powders are banana, mango, pomegranate, and pineapple.


My adorable box



Just Strawberries, Bananas and Blueberries in a bowl with cereal (granola) before adding milk


Just Strawberries, Bananas and Blueberries in a bowl with cereal (granola) after adding milk


And this is how we recycled the box from

Just Tomatoes, Etc! Van Gogh loves sleeping in it and he loves playing with the fake grass.



Just Fruit Munchies in oatmeal



1 comment:

  1. That stuff looks great! I've been looking for freeze dried strawberries everywhere, but the international shipping on that site is just too much to warrant an order.

    ReplyDelete