Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My afternoon snack and the winner of Vegan Pate contest


I was craving something sweet and salty and the same time. In my pre-vegan days I liked Flipz- Chocolate covered pretzels. I used to eat them in Czech Republic, too.
Sometimes I melt some chocolate chips and use it as a dip for pretzels, but I didn't have any pretzels at home today. However, I had some salty popcorn in the pantry. I thought that it would be a brilliant idea to drizzle some melted chocolate chips over the popcorn and eat it that way. I was imagining a cool looking popcorn with little chocolate ribbons drizzled over so it would look like a gourmet chocolate popcorn. Well, my idea was far from the reality. While I was drizzling the little ribbons of chocolate over the bowl of popcorn, my Ziplock bag busted and made a huge mess, covering the popcorn and the bowl in one big pile of chocolate. It didn't look very appetizing, but it tasted great despite the horrible look. A lesson for today: next time I will not push so hard on the Ziplock bag.
To balance this not so healthy snack I bought a freshly made green smoothie (Mango, Pineapple and Spinach).


I used a true random number generator at www.random.org to pick the Vegan Pate Contest winner. The generated number-comment was 5 (April / Knightime Creations). Congratulations! April, email me your address at czech.vegan (at) yahoo.com so I can send you your prize.
By the way, thanks for noticing the numbers, I messed up :-) I had a third question but it was too complicated (name one American movie that was filmed in Prague), since many American movies that were made in Prague were also made in other places during the filming process....When I deleted the question I forgot to change the numbers.....I promise that my next giveaways and contests will not be so complicated.

4 comments:

  1. bummer, i had a taste for some pate. guess i'll just have to google it :) congrats April, please share it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian, I will have more giveaways in the future, try it again. Thanks for entering the contest though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, of COURSE that happened when you tried to make the elegantly-drizzled popcorn! Was it extra chocolaty and delicious?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vegga, it was deliciously messy and chocolaty, I had to use a spoon at the end because my hands were covered in chocolate :-)

    ReplyDelete