Friday, November 5, 2010

Tofurky pizza review-Finally a pizza that you can share with meat-eaters


Until now if I wanted a pizza (other then a home delivered boring cheeseless tomato and bell pepper pizza), I had two options. Either make my own (using veggies and vegan cheese), or buy Amy's Kitchen vegan pizzas. I love Amy's vegan products (such as Mac & Cheese), but I am not a fan of their pizzas. The spinach pizza is weird and the roasted veggie pizza is too sweet for me. Thankfully, Tofurky has teamed up with Daiya to create vegan versions of your pre-vegan days favorite frozen pizzas.
I bought the Italian Sausage & Fire-Roasted Veggies on Sunday. The whole wheat pizza crust is quite thin, thinner then most frozen pizzas, but I like it that way. The thin crust is loaded with tons of cute itty bitty pieces of fire-roasted veggies (zucchini, tomatoes, red onion, red bell peppers, poblano peppers, and green bell peppers), Tofurky Italian sausage crumbles, and a nice amount of gooey cheese. The cheese tastes and melts like a regular dairy cheese would. The veggies really do taste like have been fire roasted which gives it almost an authentic Italian Pizzeria taste. It is as if the whole pizza was baked in a fire oven instead of my home electric oven. I am not usually a big fan of Italian sausages, but the sausage crumbles on this pizza were actually pretty good. I cannot wait to try the other Cheese, and Pepperoni & Cheese pizzas.
This was a delicious, easy and quick dinner.






4 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about these but I have yet to try them. I am glad they are available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious. Unfortunately, I can't get Tofurky or Daiya here, but I love getting creative in the kitchen, so I bet I can come up with something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog will be better and practical if you add a summary :).

    However, you begin well your vegan blog !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pauline, please explain what did you mean by adding a summary to make my blog better and practical. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete