Sunday, November 28, 2010

Tonight's dinner "Sheesy" potatoes and baked tofu



I made "Sheesy" potatoes, baked tofu, beet and spinach salad, and half dipped chocolate pretzels for a dinner tonight.

I drained the tofu and marinated it overnight in a mixture of soy sauce, rice vinegar, toasted sesame oil and vegan worcestershire sauce. I baked the tofu. I cooked some teeny tiny potatoes from Trader Joe's and sprinkled shredded Gouda Sheese on top. I served that with raw spinach, red beets and tomatoes. I melted some chocolate chips and dipped the pretzels in. Then I chilled the pretzels in the freezer on a baking sheet until the chocolate got firm. Now I am getting ready to watch some TV and relax after a crazy work week.



3 comments:

  1. The dinner looks great... the chocolate pretzels... a new one for me! What do they taste like?

    ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Alessandra.
    The pretzels taste almost like the store bought snack "Flipz"- Chocolate covered pretzels. I am not sure if you are familiar with those. It is an interesting and balanced taste between salty and sweet. Try one before you make a whole batch and see if you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a perfect dinner. I love beets and Sheese and baked tofu.

    ReplyDelete