Friday, November 26, 2010

Warm cardamon cinnamon rice pudding with peaches and vanilla sauce


It was so cold outside. I wanted something comforting, sweet and warm. I had few options, but I didn't want to spend my entire evening in the kitchen, especially after the big Thanksgiving cooking frenzy.......
I decided to make a warm rice pudding with cardamon and cinnamon cooked in almond milk. I made a quick vanilla sauce out of a vanilla soy yogurt. I served the pudding with peaches and let me tell you, it was sooooo good! Warm, spicy, sweet, creamy, juicy...All kinds of different flavors and textures were dancing on my tongue.
It was quick and easy. I cooked some basmati rice in almond milk with cinnamon, sugar, and cardamon. I heated some vanilla soy yogurt on the stove and poured that over the rice pudding.

1 comment: