Saturday, October 8, 2011

Gyros chickpeas over roasted potatoes-Vegan MoFo Day 8



I had a very busy day at work today and got home late. Then I had to run some errands so I did not feel like making anything too complicated for dinner at 10 pm.
I sliced up two large potatoes and roasted them in the oven until slightly brown and crispy, flipping several times. Meanwhile, I sauteed some onion, garlic, chickpeas and red bell pepper until soft. As a seasoning I used a Gyros seasoning that my mom sent me from Prague. The seasoning contained: salt, onion, paprika, garlic, oregano, black pepper, and rosemary.

I made myself a toasted bagel with vegan sour cream and pineapple jam for after diner wannabe dessert :-)

2 comments:

  1. Ooh! That gyros seasoning sounds dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, a dinner of chickpeas and roasted potatoes sounds great to me!

    ReplyDelete