Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pumpkin yogurt-Vegan MoFo Day 5


I usually make apple yogurt but I thought that I would try pumpkin yogurt instead. It is the pumpkin month after all, isn't t? Are all of you enjoying your pumpkin lattes, pumpkin pies, roasted pumpkin seeds and pumpkin breads? I am :-) This yogurt almost tastes like a pumpkin pie filling before it gets baked. This is a single serving recipe, but feel free and double or triple the recipe.


Pumpkin yogurt

1 cup vanilla soy yogurt (or plain soy yogurt with a drop of vanilla extract)
6 Tbs pureed pumpkin (I used canned version)
2 Tbs maple syrup or agave nectar
dash of pumpkin pie spices (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, cloves)

Blend the yogurt, pumpkin puree and liquid sweetener in a blender, or mix well in a bowl.
Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spices just before serving.




8 comments:

  1. I am definitely eating my fare share of pumpkin. I'd also be interested to see how you make this with apple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to make this for breakfast! YUM! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @foodfeud The apple yogurt is just soy yogurt, apple sauce and sugar (or no sugar if you prefer that) About 50/50 apple sauce and soy yogurt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will just have to make this! It sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave you some link love on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @JL goes vegan-Thank you very much! That was so nice of you :-)

    ReplyDelete