Tuesday, October 25, 2011

TV Dinner style Mac N' Teese (Vegan MoFo Day 25)



When I got home today I got a surprise package from Chicago Soydairy company. They were so kind and sent me two packs of their yummy Teese Vegan Creamy Cheddar Sauce. Chicago Soydairy also makes my favorite air-puffed vegan marshmallows "Dandies" and a cool cheese alternative Teese Vegan Cheese and Temptation Vegan Ice Cream.
I could not wait to try this Teese Creamy Cheddar Sauce so I made a vegan TV Dinner style Mac and Cheese tonight. I made so much of this stuff that I was able to freeze several portions for later. A perfect vegan TV Dinner that you can just reheat and serve.


TV Dinner style Mac N' Teese

1 pound elbow pasta, uncooked
2 Tbs canola oil
7-oz package store bought tempeh bacon or homemade tempeh bacon (about 15 strips)
1 10-oz Teese Vegan Creamy Cheddar Sauce (use 2 for richer and creamier sauce)
2 cups frozen green peas
salt and black pepper to taste

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Saute tempeh about 3 minutes per side, until well browned and crispy. Cool just enough to handle and cut into small pieces.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a dash of salt and pasta. Bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes. Add peas and bring back to a boil. Cook 4 minutes, or until
pasta is tender. Drain, place pasta and peas back into the pot and stir in the Teese Creamy Cheddar Sauce. Heat until Teese gets stretchy, stirring constantly. Add tempeh bacon, season with salt and black pepper and serve warm. You can also add some cooked broccoli and carrots.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't put peas in my Mac & Cheese in forever, but that looks excellent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome!! I love Teese and still can't find it in Whole Foods...I thought they were going to start selling it. What's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tanya- I cannot find it at my Whole Foods either :-(

    ReplyDelete