Wednesday, October 19, 2011

White Bean Cutlets (Vegan MoFo Day 19)



These white bean cutlets make a nice steak, burger or a sandwich "meat" substitute. The recipe is very easy and versatile. I tried adding different ingredients and spices with a great success. The original recipe is soy free which is great news for those who do not like or tolerate soy and processed soy meat alternatives. I like eating them hot with mashed potatoes and gravy (or french fries and gravy), or cold the next day in my sandwiches. They hold together nicely without the use of eggs. I found this recipe in "The Complete Guide to Vegan Food Substitutions" by Celine Steen and Joni Marie Newman.

5 comments:

  1. Those look absolutely amazing! Nice and crispy, like chicken "fingers", but with (what I assume is) much more whole-foods based ingredients. That book is officially on my "must-hunt-down" list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look frickity amazing!!
    Another book I "need" to get.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! The book is awesome, not just recipes, but also tons of helpful tips about vegan cooking and baking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have purchased this book just for this recipe and cannot find it. What page is it on?

    ReplyDelete